Friday, August 25, 2006

Verse for the Day

Verse for the Day
15Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners—of whom I am the worst. 16But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his unlimited patience as an example for those who would believe on him and receive eternal life. 17Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever. Amen. - 1 Timothy 1:15-17

In reading this passage, I noticed how Paul refers to himself as the worst of all sinners. Granted Paul did some pretty awful things, persecuting believers and pretty much hating God, but he is still saved by the same grace as me. Paul goes onto live full out for Christ, writing much of the New Testament, and giving himself fully to the work of the Lord. he understands the power of God's grace. How it transforms you from the inside out. If Paul was showered with God's grace, than so am I. In my bible there is an excerpt that says "God's grace is still big enough to forgive and cleanse us, just as it cleansed Paul". Thank goodness for grace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home