Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Verse for the Day

Verse for the Day
13For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves,
14in whom we have redemption,[a] the forgiveness of sins.
~Colossians 1:13-14

I have been participating in the Southland 56-day challenge, and part of the challenge is to read the entire New Testament. Let me tell you, this is a task in itself. I have never just read the New Testament end to end, but normally dwell on a few verses. So the other night I was reading Paul's books of Philippians and Colossians and I was just blown away. Over and over again Paul reminds his audience, and me, who we are in Christ, what we are called to do, and more importantly who God is. In fact, he says in Colossians that God qualified us to share in the inheritance. We are qualified, and I think "huh?! seriously!" I have been convicted that the way I act sometimes does not seem qualified to share an inheritance with anyone...let alone God. I have been challenged to look hard at my own life, particuraly how I act outside of church, and make changes. We have redemption-deliverance and freedom. Jesus paid the ransom, he paid my debt that I owed him, and set me free. He rescued me, and oh did he ever. I shudder to think of my life before Christ, I was alone and burdened by the demands of the world. But he rescued me! Before I was even born He had the life preserver ready. He changed my life, and is transforming me daily.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home