Sunday, August 20, 2006

Self Image...anxiety

17
Some were fools in their rebellion;
they suffered for their sins.
18
Their appetites were gone,
and death was near.
19
"LORD, help!" they cried in their trouble,
and he saved them from their distress.
20
He spoke, and they were healed--
snatched from the door of death.

Psalm 107: 17-20 (New Living Translation)

Do we often realize that we are fools? I think not because of our sins, but because of the false beliefs that we have about ourselves. Beliefs that are not of God, but of the deviousness of the devil trying to play on what has become our own insecurities.

Verse 18 was mentioned tonight at church in regards to those suffering eating disorders...I've instantly thought of a friend of mine that is at her 3rd rehabilitation center so to say. She is an amazing woman, so smart, strong, and encouraging. As I'm lead to intercede these verses in prayer for her, I ask that you may feel free to do so as well. Verse 20, He spoke, they were healed! What amazing power our Lord has!

Verse 18, made me also reflect on my times of high anxiety. For at those times I literally have no appetite and have gone near weeks without substantial amounts of food. Again I was a fool, not focusing on God's promises, love, and definition of who I am in Him. Instead I tend to focus on the worldly circumstances I find myself dealing with. I'm just awed by this group of verses as they help to show that God is not only concerned about our physical health, but also our emotional health...Why we tend to allow limits to his healing I'll never understand.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home