Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Promise keeper

56 "Praise be to the LORD, who has given rest to his people Israel just as he promised. Not one word has failed of all the good promises he gave through his servant Moses. 57 May the LORD our God be with us as he was with our fathers; may he never leave us nor forsake us. 58 May he turn our hearts to him, to walk in all his ways and to keep the commands, decrees and regulations he gave our fathers.
1 Kings 8:56-58 (New International Version)
I intended to focus on the blessing that God will never leave or forsake us in verse 57. However, I wanted to see the context that surrounded the verse to get a better understanding. Low and behold reading verse 56, I was reminded that in all times we are to Praise God. That has been a post in the past, but yet still I need to be reminded. Yeah, I feel emotionally dry and want to know that I'm loved and never alone, but how much better it is to praise God for his fulfilled promises! To know that he's working on my heart, and since he is the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow...His promises for me will be completed as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home