Monday, August 21, 2006

Forgiveness

Verse for the Day
12Forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors. 13And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one.[a]' 14For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. 15But if you do not forgive men their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.
-Matthew 6:12-15

Something I have been wrestling with lately is what does forgiveness really look like? When do I know if I have forgiven someone? Someone gave me a quote that said "forgiveness is knowing that the past could not have been any different". I do not think forgetting is forgiving because Christ did not forget our sins. He remembered them, but chose to say you are nor in debt to me anymore. He paid the debt because we are unable to. We are to forgive each other because we can. We can forgive, and we must or else Christ died for nothing. This is a concept I am coming to grips with, and probably always will. God's grace covered my sins ,washed them clean, and now I must turn and do the same.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home