Sunday, August 13, 2006

Lord's servant to the opponent

24 And the Lord's servant must not quarrel; instead, he must be kind to everyone, able to teach, not resentful. 25 Those who oppose him he must gently instruct, in the hope that God will grant them repentance leading them to a knowledge of the truth, 26and that they will come to their senses and escape from the trap of the devil, who has taken them captive to do his will.

~2 Timothy 2:20-26 (New International Version)

I so desperately want to be the Lord's servant mentioned in this verse. However, I am finding that I am in fact the opponent. I am resentful and found with bitterness, I long to be out of the devils will, but into that of will of the Lord. Yet, something seems to happen that triggers my ease in letting go and forgetting the truth. I pray that this is not the case for you and that your repentance is strong and steadfast. I do find hope in this verse to focus and cling to…working on being kind to all and knowing there is hope for committed repentance in my life.

Please pray for me…I've just felt really beaten up this week emotionally/spiritually…hence the day delay in postings (if you've noticed)…I apologize.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home