Saturday, December 09, 2006

Anger

Ephesians 4:26

"In your anger do not sin"...

Psalm 4:4

Last night my Bible fell open to Ephesians, no big surprise since there was a piece of paper left there from a while ago. Anyway, I decided to glance at the pages before I started my intended reading and this verse caught my eye. I thought about it briefly, finding it interesting that the human emotion of anger is not a characteristic of sin...it's ok for us to feel angry. It's how you react in anger that may be sinful. Anyway, I made my way to Psalms as I've begun to read a chapter a day....and this is the chapter I read, this is the verse I read. I laugh a little, because I had no clue that this was repeated in the Bible...but then in the footnotes I see Ephesians 4:26 noted. I'm a firm believer that acoincidence like this is one way of God getting our attention and communicating with us. This particular one has taken me off guard, I don't feel overly angry about anything right now...a few slight disappointments...hmm...maybe it's for the future or not me but someone reading this.

I don't know what I'm to learn/share, maybe the simple message of it's ok to be angry...be more conscience of what you are doing when angry...or...when angry stop and pray about what is making you angry and then move on...hopefully any sinful desires have subdued by that time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home