Friday, December 08, 2006

Verse for the Day

18 "Forget the former things;
do not dwell on the past.
See, I am doing a new thing!
Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?
I am making a way in the desert
and streams in the wasteland.
Isaiah 43:18-19

I think one of my New Years resolutions needs to be to stop worrying about things of the past. To stop wishing for things I don't have when God clearly has something better in store. It is almost a New Year, which normally marks a new beginning. But why wait. God is going a new thing now. He is making a way through the dryness and into the land of milk and honey. He is leading us to the promised lans, and we have to be alert and ready. Ready to take in whatever comes our way. To be honest this verse kind of sums up 2006 for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home