Thursday, December 07, 2006

Womb Babies

Luke 1:41
When Elizabeth heard Mary's greeting, the baby leaped in her womb, and Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit.

Two amazingly faithful women, two world changing babies, and two miraculous stories. Elizabeth's baby is to be John the Baptist, who lights the way of the coming Messiah Jesus (Mary's baby). This verse is one of my favorite of the Christmas Story, how confirming to Mary that she was going to birth our Saviour. Only at her voice, not sight, not touch, just her voice and the child in Elizabeth leapt. I imagine he was leaping for joy! I also love how this is written not as a mere coincidence, but as a fact no questions asked. I think often our human minds want to rationalize and thence minimalizing some great works done through the Holy Spirit.

Those who know me won't be surprised, but I have a camp song that is about John's birth and role in life...if you remember to ask I'll sing it for you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home