Thursday, January 25, 2007

Mercy Triumphant!

Speak and act as those who are going to be judged by the law that gives freedom, because judgment without mercy will be shown to anyone who has not been merciful. Mercy triumphs over judgement.
James 2:12-13

I love the end of this verse, "Mercy triumphs over judgement". I think this verse is trying to teach us how to be just in our judgments. To be just, there has to be some compassion and mercy. Allowing these to be relevant in the law allows freedom. Honestly when you think of laws to you think freedom? I don't. To me laws tend to bind, but a law that has allowance for mercy, now this is a different kind of law...one that is circumstantial, not ever clear cut. As I read this again, the clearer and more true message is that we shouldn't live as though we are judged, because His mercy has allowed us to be free.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home