Wednesday, January 10, 2007

VOD:

I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven; whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven. - Matthew 16:19 NIV

Did you know that this verse is repeated again in Matthew 18:18, and then a reference is made to Isaiah 22:22 which says "I will place on his shoulder the key to the house of David; what he opens no one can shut, and what he shuts no one can open". Then this verse is repeated in Revelation 3:7. So clearly, Jesus is trying to get a point across. What that point is I am still wrestling with myself. What I have come up with is that God is calling us to be faithful to him now. Not a year from now or tomorrow. He has called us to do his work here on earth, and our reward will be in eternity. It is in the promise of standing in the heavenly gate on the side of Jesus.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home