Tuesday, December 26, 2006

VOD: verse of the day

VOD: verse of the day
Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart. -Psalm 37:4

This is a verse I have memorized and have so for as long as I can remember. But I never really thought about it in the proper context. I read this verse, and thought "ok God, I trust you, and now I trust you to give me the desires of my heart". I trust you to give me this relationship or to just make that one thing happen because it is what I desire. I know some of those desires are to be in a solid, God honoring relationship (even think I had the right person) and to get married. But, ya know...God is a God who answers prayers but in His time. Maybe all those will happen and maybe not, but one thing is certain...my trust in God will never fade. The definition of delight is to give great pleasure or satisfaction; to please highly. With my mind focused on certain tangible things, how can I delight myself in the Lord. I think that is where discipline comes in. To transform your mind, and renew your thinking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home